A HOT mug of Philippine cacao drink is a piece of bliss in times of uncertainty. To prepare:
- Boil one cup of milk.
- Add 2-3 cacao pellets. I use SaBroso, a pure cacao brand brought by my friend Conchita Velez during her India visit last February. Otherwise, use a one-inch block of dark baking chocolate.
- Whisk in the cacao or chocolate pellets until they liquefy into the milk.
- Turn the heat off as soon as the milk starts to rise.
- Add sugar, if you wish. (I don't.)
- Serve and indulge immediately.